Who We Are?
The Spanish Association of Health Communication (AECS), registered in group 1, section 1 of the National Registry of Associations with national number 593741 on November 3, 2009, is a non-profit organisation created on April 8 of the same year steered by health and communication professionals concerned with the optimisation of communication processes on health (URL https://aecs.es/).
Its official communication body is the Spanish Journal of Health Communication, which, with the ISSN 1989-9882, is published jointly with the Department of Communication of the Carlos III University of Madrid (URL https://e-revistas.uc3m.es/index.php/RECS) and is indexed at:
- Emerging Sources Citation Index (ESCI) database, included in the Web of Science platform.
- ISOC database and in the DICE (Dissemination and Editorial Quality of Spanish Journals of Humanities and Social and Legal Sciences) analysis tools produced by the CSIC.
- ERIH Plus, CIRC and MIAR (Information Matrix for Journal Analysis) database.
- REDIB Platform (Ibero-American Network of Innovation and Scientific Knowledge). Quartile Q1.
- CUIDEN®, Bibliographic Database of the Index Foundation.
- LATINDEX catalogue.
- DIALNET (University of La Rioja).
- Academic Search Premier (EBSCO)
- DOAJ (Directory of Open Access Journals)
It has obtained the following distinctions:
- Excellent journal certificate and the FECYT Quality Seal (2021)
- Category A in area 14 of ANVUR (Agenzia Nazionale di Valutazione del Sistema
Universitario e della Ricerca, Italy)
Among the many events organized by AECS, we highlight:
- I Health Communication Conference, 2013
- II Health Communication Conference, 2015
- I National Conference and IV Regional Conference on Health Communication, 2016
- I International Conference on Telemedicine and Health Research, 2016
- I AECS Summer School, 2016
- III International Conference on Health Communication, 2017
The registered office is at Universidad Carlos III, with the following URL https://aecs.es/
The AECS has signed collaboration agreements with:
- Universidad Carlos III (Madrid)
- Malaga University
- Spanish Association of Physiotherapists
- Spanish Association of Physiotherapists in Mental Health
- 20 y 21 de Octubre.
- Torre del Mar, Málaga
- On line